Guiding Wind is a navigational aid used by Jin Sakai to help players discover the island of Tsushima and all of its secrets and collectibles. It is a representation of Jin's father Lord Sakai (as the Yellow Songbird is of Jin's mother).
Description[edit | edit source]
There are six types of Guiding Wind. Except the default, the other five require spending 1 Technique Point (under Exploration in the Samurai technique tree):
- Default (player determined)
- Wind of Inari (Inari shrines/Fox Dens)
- Wind of Vanity (Pillars of Honor and Vanity Gear)
- Wind of Health (Hot springs)
- Wind of Resolve (Bamboo strikes)
- Wind of Charms (Shinto shrines)
To use the default Guiding Wind, swipe up on the touchpad. The wind will blow in the direction of the player's determined location. If looking for a specific item or location determined by the other types of Guiding Wind, open the map, press and select the type of collectible (this will equip the Traveler's Attire if it is not already equipped), then return to the game and swipe up on the touchpad.