Guiding Wind is a navigational aid used by Jin Sakai to help players discover the island of Tsushima and all of its secrets and collectibles. It is a representation of Jin's father Lord Sakai (as the Yellow Songbird is of Jin's mother).
There are six types of Guiding Wind. Except the default, the other five (seven with the Ghost of Tsushima: Iki Island expansion) require spending 1 Technique Point (under Exploration in the Samurai technique tree):
- Default (player determined)
- Wind of Inari (Inari shrines/Fox Dens)
- Wind of Vanity (Pillars of Honor and Vanity Gear)
- Wind of Health (Hot springs)
- Wind of Resolve (Bamboo strikes)
- Wind of Charms (Shinto shrines)
- Wind of Harmony (Animal Sanctuaries) (Iki Island only)
- Wind of Concentration (Archery Challenge) (Iki Island only)
The following requires the Traveler's Attire to be used.
- Undiscovered Sashimono banners
- Undiscovered Artifacts
- Undiscovered Records
- Undiscovered Singing crickets
- Undiscovered Flowers (Tracks the closest Flower)
- Undiscovered Records of Iki (Iki Island only)
- Undiscovered Sakai Banners (Iki Island only)
- Undiscovered Memories of Your Father (Iki Island only)
To use the default Guiding Wind, swipe up on the touchpad. The wind will blow in the direction of the player's determined location. If looking for a specific item or location determined by the other types of Guiding Wind, open the map, press and select the type of collectible (this will equip the Traveler's Attire if it is not already equipped), then return to the game and swipe up on the touchpad.