Mongol Territories are locations throughout Tsushima that include enemy camps, strongholds, villages, farmsteads and other locations occupied by Mongol soldiers and a mini-boss leader. Each territory has objectives and bonus objectives, such as rescuing hostages, performing certain techniques (see: Shoji Assassination) and using certain weapons.
Liberating Mongol Territories will also help clear up the "Fog-of-War" for a small portion of the map; while liberating every Mongol Territory in an entire region will clear the entire "Fog-of-War" for that entire region, and reveal all the locations that the player did not go to or missed. Liberating the smaller camps rewards iron, steel and other resources; liberating larger strongholds also reward gold (to upgrade the katana) and sashimono banners. The player also earns XP towards Technique Points and moderate Legend increases.
There are fifty-seven (57) Mongol Territories: 24 in Izuhara, 18 in Toyotama and 15 in Kamiagata. All are "unmissable" and many are included in Jin's Journey, Tales of Tsushima and Mythic Tales quests.
Liberating Mongol Territories unlocks the following trophies:
- Hero of the People – Liberate 12 occupied areas in Izuhara.
- A Fight For The Isle… – Liberate all occupied areas in Izuhara.
- Good Riddance – Liberate 8 occupied areas in Toyotama.
- Securing Sanctuary… – Liberate all occupied areas in Toyotama.
- Mass Eviction – Liberate 7 occupied areas in Kamiagata.
- A New Safe Haven – Liberate all occupied areas in Kamiagata.
- Master Liberator – Liberate the entirety of Tsushima Island.
List of Mongol Territories
Note: Several locations in the Izuhara region only become occupied by Mongols in Act 2.
Available in Act I (18)
- Azamo Bay (The Broken Blacksmith)
- Beachside Camp
- Castle Kaneda (Shadow of the Samurai)
- Fallen Outpost
- Furuta Village
- Komatsu Forge (Hammer and Forge)
- Kuta River Bridge
- Logging Base near Azamo Foothills
- Logging Camp near Jito's Point
- Ogawa Dojo
- Old Trading Post
- Rushing Water Crossing
- Salt Wind Estate
- Shipyard near Fort Ohira (Fast travel to Tsutsu Lighthouse)
- Stone Arch Crossing
- Tangled Crossroads
- Traveler's Rest Inn
- Yoichi's Crossroads
Available in Act II (6)
The following towns are available as soon as Act II starts:
- Aoi Village (The Unbreakable Gosaku)
- Ohama Fishing Village (The Unbreakable Gosaku)
- Yagata Farmstead (The Unbreakable Gosaku)
- Kuta Farmstead (The Unbreakable Gosaku)
- Takeshiki Farmstead (The Laughing Bandits)
- Kechi Fishing Village (The Laughing Bandits)
- Castle Shimura (From the Darkness)
- Dark Water Encampment
- Forest's Edge
- Fort Imai
- Hissing Creek Crossing
- Ijima Farmstead (The Unbreakable Gosaku)
- Kishibe Village (Can be liberated on its own or during Ghosts from the Past)
- Koshimizu Farmstead (The Unbreakable Gosaku)
- Lonely Forest Clearing
- Moss Light Inn
- Mountainside Ruins
- Numata Settlement
- Okada Farmstead
- Rebel's Retreat
- Riverside Farm
- Secluded Lighthouse
- Stone Mire Lookout
- Yarikawa Stronghold (The Ghost of Yarikawa)
- Bitter Hills Garrison
- Derelict Mine
- Frozen Forest Crossroads
- Frozen Overlook
- General Bartu's Camp (Fit for the Khan)
- General Dogshin's Camp (Fit for the Khan)
- High Point Guard Post
- Icy Forest Crossroads
- Izumi Village (Eternal Blue Sky)
- Kawachi Whaling Village (Fit for the Khan)
- Morimae Brewery (Fit for the Khan)
- Mountain Pass
- Silk Farm
- Twilight's Edge Overlook
- White Falls Village